Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pictures

Here are some pictures of the new cut!

It doesn't look too short, does it? It doesn't quite fit into a pineapple, so by morning I had a few pieces that had fallen out (and of course, some frizz). It does fit in a ponytail; not quite into a bun. But I'm really liking it! I think it feels shorter because it's just on the shoulders in the front, whereas it's a little longer in the back.

I actually had a hair conversation with my stylist. I told her my hair was super dry because of a protein overdose and she said "oh, well your hair is so healthy that you don't need much protein at all!" True - but no mention of my texture. It's a step though. I just had her rinse and use KCKT to detangle, which she really liked.

And if you ever needed to see a visual of why we need styling products...

I will say it dried in less than an hour with no product in it! I'm not sure how long it takes when actually styled, and I'm hoping my curls come out to play when I don't have to sleep on them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks pretty!!!! Not too short at all. Good for you for doing something different! Your hair looks better then mine without stylers LOL!! WOW what would we do without all our STUFF!

Jenn said...

Thanks! Haha, it dried in a triangular shape with no product - very wide. I was scared it was going to stay that way!

Sage Vivant said...

Very pretty!!!

Maeka said...

Oh wow! So I know that some people just have different curl patterns and will never curl much in the back, but how do you style it to get the back of your head to curl? I noticed that in your no styling products picture, the top of your head, particularly the back, is pretty much flat. How do you apply your styling products to get it to curl that way? I figured it'd be worth a try for me, since the worst that can happen is that I still have a flat back. ^^

Jenn said...

I think the key for me is scrunching upside-down. I do it when rinsing conditioner out in the shower, plopping in a hair towel, and I focus a lot on the back when I'm scrunching in gel.

Here's my full routine:
http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-love-my-curls.html

Scrunching is pretty much the only thing that works for me. Raking, combing, etc. totally pulls out curls and leaves it flat, so definitely try it! Let me know how it goes for you! :)