Sunday, December 13, 2009

Shampooing Tonight

So due to circumstances beyond my control, I've come to the point where I am forced to shampoo. I've been trying to clear up my problems with brown sugar scrubs, but I don't think that will work. Which is ok. Even though I'm CG, there are going to be times when I need to shampoo.

The problem is that I can't use a low-poo. The only ones I have are Giovanni low-poos and they have oils in them. So I will be using Suave's Clarifying shampoo.

I haven't shampooed since late June/early July. Usually it takes a few weeks for my curls to bounce back, but I think last time I did a pre-poo treatment with coconut oil and that helped immensely. So I have coconut oil in my hair right now and hopefully that will help!

This is my last week of school. I'm making up four days of classroom observation at the middle school. So no real work, but I do have to be out of the house pretty early. Looking forward to next week when I can wash during the day! I have had some product samples sitting around for a few months that I need to try!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Jenn! I love a good shampoo once in a while, it really brings the bounce back. I have more trouble with Low Poos & frizz on my length and crown then I do with some of my clarifying shampoos. Go figure....

Jenn said...

Thanks! I'm not sure how it looks because I've only washed it once since then (and it went directly in a bun)... got in a nice multi-car wreck on the highway on wednesday afternoon and got whiplash, so I've been too sore to wash it (is that bad?). It didn't seem that dry after I shampooed though. Hoping to get all the way back on track this weekend!

Oh and I've heard that some people have more trouble with low-poos than clarifying - that is weird! I wonder how that works...

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing!!!! Take care!!!! I'm not sure I understand why some Low Poos seem harsher then some Sulphate Shampoos. It's all about formulation I guess ;)