Wednesday, May 26, 2010

KCSS: Take 1 1/2

This product is seemingly as confusing as KCCC. Some call it a refresher - it does come in a spray bottle, after all. Some call it a serum - spritz? more like stream! This product is a bit of a mystery to me, but if I can crack the code for KCCC, I can definitely do it with this!

My package from Curl Mart came last Tuesday night. I was anxious to use it, but I had somewhere important to be on Wednesday and wasn't very scientific in my experimentation the first time. I used this under everything - KCKT, Pink Boots, KCCC, & gel. I then used it the next morning as a refresher. Results? It seems to take away crunch and product-y feel left by my gel, which is nice. It helped a little with frizz. It did seem to fall hold-wise as the day went on though.

Flash forward to today. I decided to be diligent in my experimenting. It seemed like a lot to use Pink Boots with everything else I'm using, so I left it out. I've read that some have had success underneath all products and some put it over everything. I decided to try it underneath everything. Then I got distracted and used KCKT. So I ended up using this after my leave-in with hair still dripping wet. I applied it just like everything else - upside-down, to the left, and to the right. I sprayed about 8 sprays in my palm before scrunching each side.

My hair felt kind of weird when I was scrunching it in. Almost like what it feels like when I use aloe vera gel. I noticed my curls formed more quickly and there wasn't a lot of frizz (I'm prone to frizz when it's wet). It was a little stringy. I scrunched out water with a towel before scrunching in KCCC and finishing the routine.


It's not bad, per se. It looks pretty decent in person. It's more stringy than I'm used to, but I also didn't use pink boots. I'm not sure if I used too much KCCC or even too much of this stuff. Will continue to research!

1 comment:

ThePixie said...

Lol, it does seem kinda tricky huh? Your hair looks great, I think. :) The curls are nice and chunky. I love that.

-Sarah.j.s.