It's been a while since I've had a good old-fashioned rant. I'm rambling a bit here, but you can't say I didn't warn you, considering the title of the blog and all.
Here's the problem: My hair refuses to dry.
I'm not sure what's going on. It's like KCCC has become a magical force field that prevents water from leaving my hair for at least five hours. There are times during this process when it pretends to be dry, but that's not the case.
Not only that, but my dryer refuses to attempt to dry my hair. It's only interested in burning my scalp.
Once I figured out that the weird itch and pain I was feeling hours after diffusing was indeed related to the hot air going through the mega holes of my diffuser from two inches away, I started using the medium speed setting. Now it's content to make all the dryer noise and pretend to dry my hair. Twenty minutes after I turn it on, I realize my hair is still wet and I've fallen for it's tricks.
Here's Friday's hair:

This is after 45 min of diffusing time, three hours of air-drying time, and another hour after what I'll call the fakeout-SOTC. It looked good when I SOTC, but ten minutes later it was flat.
I wish I had a picture from later that night. It finally finished drying and the flat sides perked up to give some much-needed volume.
Today I spent another 45 minutes diffusing. After 30 minutes on medium speed, my hair was still cold and wet. That's ridiculous. I upped it to high speed and pretty much glued my thumb to the cool shot button. Two hours later, it's still not dry and no where near ready to SOTC.
I need to get some things done today (like a picture for a substitute teacher badge) but I can't go out with hair like this. I realize that sounds vain, but I've been burned by ID pictures before. Is it so wrong to want one picture to show what I normally look like?
Anyway, I will be writing a full review of the Remington dryer and our love/hate relationship very soon. I just really needed to vent. Right now, I will say that:
no heat/medium speed = my dryer laughing at me
medium heat/medium speed = hair that doesn't dry, ever
no heat/high speed = same as medium speed, but with cool high speed noises
medium heat/high speed = dry hair that will eventually fall out due to burnt scalp
It's like I can't win.
/rant
5 comments:
:(( So sorry your hair is being nasty to you. Drying time was/is one of my worst hair enemies EVER.
What's helped me is after all the products have been applied, is to scrunch scrunch scrunch scrunch and scrunch my hair with either a microfiber towel or cotton shirt (or both) until I can't get much water out anymore. I like to first start scrunching with my hands, then once the curls get going go to a cloth of some sort.
Also, less clumping will generally equal less drying time (at least for me). KCCC does increase drying time, but with the cloth scrunching for me it's gotten a lot better.
Hope your hair starts treating you better soon! Don't you love it when you give it all this TLC and it just sticks it's tongue out at you?? Aggggghhhh!
P.S. I still think your hair looks GREAT! Soooo pretty. :)
Thanks! That's really sweet :)
Using hair towels has helped a lot - I use three! I think it's what helped get my routine time down to 40 min with my last dryer. With this one though, I feel like I'm in there forever.
And everyone thinks curly hair is so easy...
Jenn what was your routine on this day? I can not believe what you did and your hair didn't dry?! Could it be the new dryer?? I find when I co-wash it takes less time to dry then when I use a shampoo/low poo. I'm stumped for you..... :?
I think it has to be the dryer too. I used:
CJ Daily Fix
GVP CB
KCKT
KCCC
Pink Boots
Aussie gel
The amount of pink boots and KCCC I use is almost non-existant, honestly. I used to have a longer drying time with my old dryer before I switched to high speed, but at least you could tell it had partially dried after 30 min. Not with the new dryer.
Yesterday was a little better. I used the same products, but scrunched out extra water a few more times than usual. And of course used high speed with the cool shot button every three seconds. I just wish there was more of an in-between setting for medium and high speeds, because it seems pretty extreme.
Post a Comment