I'm not someone who is accomplished when it comes to braids. I can do your normal three-strand. I know how to do a french braid, but my execution isn't exactly presentable. That's about it.
The fishtail was something that looked really hard when I stumbled upon it in December, but luckily it's somewhat easy to do. I say somewhat because it was a lot easier to do for Christmas when my hair was a lot longer with less layers! Now it's a little more challenging for me, but curls can really pull the messy look off, right?
I made this up as I went along, but here's a video that resembles what I did (though I used a lot more bobby pins!):
~ * ~
Start with an unintentionally messy fishtail braid.
Wrap into a bun and pin well!
Notes:
- I stole this flower from my sister - I know it doesn't match my dress but I still think it looks pretty.
- I kept some of the front pieces out of the braid and pinned them back after I had made the bun to give it more of a romantic look.
- I used what felt like a lot of bobby pins to pin the bun back. That might just be because my hair is thicky and heavy. I actually took the braid picture after the bun fell out the first time! Next time I'll probably try the trick she used in the video.
Love it? Hate it? Let me know! If you have any updo ideas, please post below. I love trying new looks and am still searching for the perfect one for my sister's graduation in June!
5 comments:
Dammit, my hair needs to speed so I can start braiding it! Looks really pretty!
Oh, and one more thing.. Have you ever tried argan oil? Not that Maroccan Oil with silicones and perfume, but 100% pure argan oil.
Lol! Want some of mine? It's growing WAY too fast! I used to go six months in between cuts, and now it's been about two months and I can't stand it.
I haven't tried Argan oil because my hair hasn't responded well to oils other than coconut. Of course now it loves protein, so it may like oils too!
Yeah, will you send me some growing power for my hair?! Hee hee.. I'm going to buy some from iherb when I get my next pay check and try it out. If my hair doesn't like it, my cuticles and elbowes will :)
Let me know how you like it! Now I'm interested. Although now that I think about it, I think I might have some samples of the blended stuff. I think it may have silicones though.
I love that about pure oils. They'll work just about anywhere! :)
Post a Comment