Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Magical Combination

This week, something crazy happened. I got legitimate, looks-like-I-just-washed-today 3rd day hair. That doesn't happen... at all.

And that's not all. Here's what my hair lasted through:

  • Two nights in a modified pineapple
  • One night of just plain sleeping on it (Got home too late on Tues night to wash; I figured I would put it up on Wednesday)
  • Two days of horribly high humidity. It was so bad that I felt like I was on the Gulf Coast.
  • A day of crazy storms, which included lots of high winds and being rained on

My hair did get a little flat (which is normal for me in high humidity), but for once it actually stayed pretty defined. The most impressive part of all of this for me was waking up Wednesday morning and actually being able to leave the house without putting it up. That never happens. Ever.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures. But I'm glad I found a new combination for high humidity/windy/rainy days:

  • Shampoo - Organix Pomegranate Guava low-poo
  • Rinse-out - GVP Conditioning Balm
  • Darcy's Botanicals Natural Coils Curling Jelly
  • BRHG (generous amounts)
  • Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle!
  • Garnier Fructis Curl Spray Gel

Each day, I sprayed with a little water and then a little of the GF Curl Spray Gel. Works like a charm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are you finding your GF Curl Shaping Spray Gel? Is it the kind with this ingredient list: Aqua/Water, PVP, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides, PEG-70 Mango Glycerides, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polyacrylate-3, Limonene, Linalool, Propylene Glycol, Citrus Limonum/Lemon Extract, Amyl Cinnamal, Parfum/Fragrance.

I love this stuff too but have been unable to find it for months! They have a couple of other products that are similar-looking (one of them is called "Wonder Waves" I think), but the ingredients lists are completely different. The ones that I can find have Propylene Glycol up high on the list which is not what I'm after. Your hair looks fabulous!

Jenn said...

Thanks! I find mine at Target. I checked today and they still have it.

Here are the ingredients straight from my bottle:
Aqua/Water/Eau, PVP, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylate-3, Triethanolamine, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Parfum/fragrance, PEG-192 Apricot Kernel Glycerides, PEG-70 Mango Glycerides, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Citrus Medica Limonum Extract/Lemon Fruit Extract

Looks pretty similar. I only use a few sprays after every wash and haven't had any problems with it.