Thursday, January 29, 2009

Super Experiment Day

So I came home this afternoon to my box of Sally stuff and my Donna Marie Honey & Aloe Curling Jelly! Since I don't really have anywhere to go, and I was going to experiment as much as I can this weekend, I decided to use more than one new product. In fact, I only used one "old" one - Aussie Sculpting Gel.

I used Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol as my co-wash, rinse-out, AND leave-in. Overkill? I don't know. It's light enough to be used as a co-wash, but it's also supposed to be super moisturizing, right? My hair has gotten a little dry since last week's DT, so I figured it could use the extra moisture. Unfortunately, I didn't seem to find it. The co-wash was ok, but the rinse-out was pretty much the opposite of moisturizing. My hair sucked this stuff up. It didn't feel like I had any kind of conditioner in my hair. And it got tangled, which was a pain. I did let it soak in for a few minutes before rinsing, but I don't think that helped. So I'm kind of confused about that one...

After rinsing with cold water, I smoothed in about two quarter-sized blobs. I then smoothed in about a quarter and a half-sized amount of the DM jelly. Scrunched upside down and to the sides and then followed with my usual plopping routine.

As the plop came undone to diffuse, it wasn't looking particularly pretty. My curls don't have the clumping that pink boots or even FOTE gives me. They're very skinny. After diffusing, it's too early to tell if it's curlier. I don't have the volume I usually have, but that also could be due to the lack of clump.

So overall, nothing to be excited about - BUT I totally realize it was just a crazy experiment. Will continue experimenting throughout the weekend!

* UPDATE *

Took some pics. Not liking it at all. The rest are in my fotki.


No comments: