Thursday, October 15, 2009

Interesting Protein Experiment

I know I swore off protein a few months ago, but I tried something different tonight.

My hair was leaning towards the greasy side, and I really didn't want to low-poo since GTTT has oils in it.

My solution?

Protein. It's been a while since I've used it, my hair is nowhere near dry (it's been either greasy or abnormally moisturized for a number of weeks now), and using it small amounts every once in a while hasn't done much harm. If protein can dry out my hair, which is currently greasy, could I in fact use it for a mini-clarification?

Apparently I can! I won't know for sure what the results were until tomorrow morning, but so far so good. My scalp feels better AND my curls are back! Win-Win! And all it took was a little Suave Coconut for a co-wash.

Definitely keeping this in mind in the future!

No comments: