Saturday, January 23, 2010

Returning to Curl Junkie

I know I said earlier this week that I am pretty much done with experimenting with products... but I just read through a few threads on nc.com and am thinking about trying one of the newer Curl Junkie products. Besides, it's been a long time since I've reviewed anything on here - that's motivation enough, right?

I really liked the conditioner I tried last year. It smelled great and moisturized well. The only problem with it was the oils it contained! It ended up being too much for me.

I also like and still occasionally use the Curl Fuel Spray.

I'm thinking about trying Curls in a Bottle, since it is protein-, silicone-, and oil-free, but I'm not sure how different it would be from KCCC.

If anyone has any ideas or advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also have coarse hair (can't remember if you are porous, too). So I was really excited about the CIAB since it was protein free and CG friendly. It gave me great shine but eh, the rest was bleh. I felt like it elongated my 2c/3a curls and I am always looking for shrinkage. I've decided to table it until spring before I make a final judgement as I wonder if the agave was the root cause of the elongation (although I love KCCC so who knows).

Jenn said...

Thanks for letting me know! Yes, my hair is VERY porous. And it works the same with KCCC as yours does. Hm.

I've read around a bit more and am completely undecided! And I think the PJ urge may have passed... for now...