I haven't posted lately because I haven't really been doing anything lately with my hair. I wash maybe twice a week. Nothing special in my routine - can't even use pink boots because it makes my hair too soft to survive sleeping on it. I've been doing my hair at night during the week because of school. It's good practice for student teaching this year, and I suspect for the rest of my career.
I do still lurk on nc.com, though I'm not posting as much as I used to. Someone asked the other day about what happens after you find your HG - are you content with what you have, or do you continue the search because so-and-so loves a new product? Honestly, I think I've reached the point where I've accepted my curl pattern and found products that make my hair look good. It's SO weird to come to this conclusion. The me of a year ago, heck even a few months ago, would never believe that I have reached this point. I used to think people were crazy for abandoning the boards and testing new products (and in some cases I was right - what with all the new techniques and texture/porosity discussion).
I've been a curly all my life (well, minus the first two years when I was bald). I've accepted it all my life. That doesn't mean though that I always knew how to take care of my hair, and finding nc.com was a godsend for that problem. For the past year, curly hair and the science behind it has consumed my mind. Now, not so much. I don't feel the need to wash everyday; to keep trying and trying to achieve maximum curl; to achieve perfect multiple day hair.
And I'm guessing that means I've finally accepted my hair as is - and that's a wonderful thing.
This doesn't mean that I'll stop blogging or posting on nc.com; far from it. I've just come to this realization lately, and thought I would share. It's a big moment!
4 comments:
That's great! I've been mod CG for 2 years and still haven't reached that milestone. I accept and love my wave pattern but can't seem to settle down with the products that work. I could blame it on the massive PJ haul I have from when I first found nc.com but that's a cop out because that doesn't stop me from buying new products. There are products I definitely plan on repurchasing but a part of me is still afraid that there's an even better product out there waiting for me to discover.
It's funny - I've felt like this for at least three weeks now, but while I was washing my hair last night, my mind started to think "what if?" So it is possible that this could be a phase. I do still have a small stash of samples I need to try out, and am sort of interested in the new techniques being discussed. So... maybe not TOTAL acceptance. I do still feel more laid back about everything.
Good for you Jen! I've been experimenting so much lately that I needed a BREAK. It felt really good for the past week to use my trusted Summer Routine and have it work just as well as last Summer! It's a no-brainer and it feels good :) I of course have a whole bunch of samples to play with too but it can wait. I think the fact that I feel it can wait is an improvement in my obsession eh???? ;)
Definitely! I love following your experiments though, since my hair is more similar to yours than any of the other top product testers. Lol, no pressure!
Post a Comment