
Yes, I caved and bought online. So what?
Since I was already on the site, I decided to check out Lustrasilk's Shea Mango conditioner. I didn't have an amazing experience with the Olive Oil version, but I decided to try it for a few reasons.
- I didn't experiment much with it after that inital testing.
- The weather has changed dramatically since then (dews are a whopping 60 degrees higher, lol)
- Curlies with the same texture/porosity as me did quite well with it
- It's on sale for $1.99
I know it's semi-hypocritical/probably stupid to purchase since it does contain oil and I did just shampoo for the second time in two months due to oil build-up problems, but... it's $2! And hopefully the shea butter balances it out.
Here's to hopefully fast shipping!
I'm also on the lookout for a new dryer/diffuser. My first one started acting up in October (it was four years old, but I had only used it for four months at that point). I bought another Revlon dryer (different model) and have been happy until now. I have to reset it at least twice every time I plug it in, which is followed by a burning smell for a second or two, and then it gets very hot. So I've been sort of looking around. I want to get a better one that will last me longer than a few months. There is a GVP dryer on sale at Sally's, but it's less wattage than the one I have now. Not sure how much of a difference that will make. So we'll see.
3 comments:
What happened here?? Did you OD on it??? It's funny that the Olive oil one I didn't OD on but this one was richer so I had to save it for sub zero dews. I wonder if you mixed this with GVP if it would make a nice DT?
I didn't get it! I guess they were sold out, so they shipped my order without it. I haven't been in to the local store to see if they have it yet. My hair really did not like the olive one, but I think I may take you up on that experiment and mix it with GVP. Haha, so much for not experimenting anymore.
Oh I thought you ordered a 2nd tub and they didn't have it, misread your blog entry DUH! I heard someone got their Lustrasilk from Amazon?? Have you tried getting the dimwits at your local Sally's to special order it for you??? If they won't I may be able to order it for you through my Sally's let me know...Amazingly (for the time being anyway) I have a great Sally's with a pretty smart Mgr. and she started stocking it. Wouldn't you know, every time I'm there it's sold out again? The stuff flies off the shelf!
Post a Comment