Well, I got my CJ products last week and had hoped to begin reviewing, but my diffuser had other ideas.
First, the Devafuser attachment that I've been using to attach a diffuser bowl to my Revlon dryer died. The little plastic pieces that hold the rubber attachment kept breaking off. The diffuser had been falling off at least three times during the drying process for about the past month. Last week, enough of the plastic pieces broke off so that I couldn't attach it to my dryer.
So I started using my mom's dryer, which is actually what the diffuser attachment I've been using came with. It was billed as being for fine hair, but I didn't really care. The diffuser is the part of the dryer that I care most about. The one that came with my Revlon dryer had short fingers that don't do much for curl enhancement. This was working fine until yesterday, when the dryer wouldn't even turn on. Apparently, it died. Which is great, considering I only bought it for her maybe a year and a half ago.
She went out and got a Conair Shine Ionic dryer last night. I tried it today and immediately came to the conclusion that I need to get my own. Now.
The holes in this thing were ridiculous. I might as well have just left the diffuser attachment off. Case in point: Less than two hours after I finished drying, all of my hair is completely dry. It usually takes at least four hours.
So I think I'll try my Sedusa attachment on my Revlon dryer while I'm researching new dryers/diffusers. I was thinking of just buying a better bowl attachment, but my dryer is two years old already and did not work well with the Sedusa in previous experiments (there were lots of sparks, if I remember correctly...).
CJ's Aloe Fix Light has not impressed me yet. I've only really used it yesterday and today, in the midst of diffuser problems. But still. Not good for morale.
2 comments:
This is the hair dryer my boyfriend bought me for valentines day two years ago:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9906754&findingMethod=rr
it also comes with the straightening piece (which I never use). BUt I love the dryer and diffuser. The dryer has a hot-warm-or cold setting, as well as a slow medium and high for air. It also has the "cool" setting. It hasnt failed me to far (knock on wood). Hope this helps.
Thanks for commenting! I looked at that one for a while, actually. It has some good reviews on NC. And it looks like it has longer fingers, which I love in a diffuser. If the Remington doesn't work out, I'll probably return it and get this one.
Post a Comment