Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Youtube

I'll admit, I spend a good amount of time on youtube during the week. Mostly for music and makeup videos (love Emily's channel!). Every now and then I'll find something hair-related that's relevant to me.

This is one of those times.

I just discovered naturallycurly.com's channel (and yes, it was because the website's down)!!

How cute is this?



Check it out!

Do you have any favorite youtube hair gurus?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you buy the Pink Boots product?

Jenn said...

I bought mine on NC.com's swap boards from a curly who had gone on a trip to England.

Sometimes you can find it there, or you can buy from http://www.britsuperstore.com/

I heard a rumor it was being discontinued, so I'd get it sooner rather than later if you're interested in trying it :)

Felicia said...

I read down in another post that you were having root lift problems. Getting short layers will help A LOT, since you seem to have kinda "heavy" hair (and a lot of it, like me lol). Another thing that really works for me is to spray a some water on the top roots so that they're pretty wet, then a good amount of spray gel (GF Curl Shaping). After that put in and leave the duckbill clips in until the hair is fully dry. It sometimes helps to not touch or let anything touch the roots while drying as that breaks up the gel hold. Afterwards just take the clips out and fluff/scrunch a bit upside down to take the crunch out. :)

Jenn said...

Thanks for the tips! It's funny; I used to do the GF Curl Spray thing with clips at the end of diffusing, but ran out a couple of months ago and never got a new bottle. Got one yesterday, so I'm hoping it will work as well as it used to!

Do short layers really look good/work? I had a BAD experience with them a few years ago, though it was before going CG. It was not pretty, and I've had longer layers ever since.

Felicia said...

Really? That's too bad! I love short layers. I had long layers before but it didn't do much at all. Short layers are working the best so far. It gives me nice root lift, volume, and definition (but my hair seems to get curlier when shorter). And yes, it looks great!

Be sure to have it cut dry though (especially if your hair goes almost completely straight when wet). So overall, I def. recommend giving short layers another go.

Jenn said...

Ok, I'm convinced :)

I need a trim anyway, but I think adding some shorter layers will help shape my hair. Right now my shortest layer is about an inch or two below my shoulder, so I don't have to do anything too drastic.

My stylist won't do dry cuts and I haven't found anyone in the area that will. I've found that as long as I remind her about shrinkage, she can do a pretty good job keeping it at the length I want. Thanks for the advice!