Monday, October 11, 2010

KCSS: Take Three

After posting last night, I decided to do wash again and really bring on the moisture. I tried to get overconditioned (which is hard to do with a head of porous hair!). I think I hit the jackpot.

I started off with a good amount of GVP CB after spritzing with water. Then I spritzed with Oyin's Juice & Berries (Found this in my stash on Thursday, more on this later!). After fifteen minutes, I used my usual V05 Raspberry conditioner to co-wash, then applied about a quarter-sized amount of KCKT before detangling. After rinsing upside-down, I scrunched in a nickle-sized amount of GVP CB as my leave-in, followed by two pumps of Kinky-Curly's Spiral Spritz. Blotted as usual, then scrunched in a little more KCCC then usual (which still isn't really much at all). Finished up with Aussie Instant Freeze gel.

I tried to diffuse using cold air only, but after five minutes it didn't seem like it was doing anything. So I switched back to hot. Clipped afterward, but of course that didn't do anything. I waited about four hours before SOTC, and immediately regretted scrunching it out so thoroughly.

My hair had actually curled pretty well, even in the back. It was soft and VERY shiny (thanks, KC products!). And best of all, it was fully moisturized. It was pretty late at this point, so I pineappled and went to bed.

Things looked good when I took it down this morning. All I did was spritz in a little water and smooth. Now it's gone pretty flat. Which is ok. I was going for moisture, not curls. And I definitely got it.


I feel like I'm closer to knowing how to use this product. I think it needs to be paired with a strong-hold gel, which I am in the market for. I don't think my Aussie gel is strong enough anymore. I also feel like it's a product that doesn't need a leave-in. And it's so heavy on my hair that I'll have to rotate it. Hopefully I'll be able to try it again next week sometime.

No comments: