Sunday, June 12, 2011

Starting A New Chapter

First, thanks to everyone who has voted in my blog poll. It's nice to have some feedback. I'm going to keep it up for another two weeks or so, so if you haven't gotten a change, please vote!

In order to bring you the best content possible with future product and technique reviews, I've decided to go ahead and order Live Curly Live Free's Curl Genie profile. There are two reasons for this. First, how can I review something without knowing for sure what my properties are? Not only will this help me know what ingredients and products will have a better chance of working well with my hair, it will help those of you interested in these reviews, whether we have the same properties or not.

My second reason is more selfish - my hair has not been looking great recently. I really believe it's due to all of my old HGs in my stash not working anymore. Anything that can help me figure out a new routine is good in my book.

I went ahead and ordered it today. I got an email with a link to instructions. I co-washed to clean my hair and hopped out of the shower to let it dry a bit before getting my hair samples. The instructions say it could take a few weeks, but I've heard it can be earlier than that. Hopefully I will know something by the end of the week, so I can get a head start on picking up products (it doesn't hurt that Friday is pay day!) and testing them out.

I've also been looking around the interwebs for some updo ideas and have found a few. I will start testing them out this week!

As a sidenote, I've been looking around my blog stats for a while and think it is so cool that there are so many international curlies reading! I never thought anyone besides myself would be here, let alone hundreds around the world from countries like Australia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, India, Spain, Japan, Brazil, Germany, Norway, Croatia, Egypt, Iran, Canada, and the UK. Welcome! I would really like to get to know my audience more, so feel free to leave comments or questions!