Texture: Medium-Fine
Porosity: Normal
Elasticity: Normal
I haven't read through everything yet (it seems very thorough though, which is good!) and honestly I'm still shocked that my hair has done just about a 180 from where it was a year ago.
It definitely explains why my entire arsenal of products has been failing!
I'm off to finish reading - will probably do a few reviews in the coming weeks of the process, including how well the product suggestions worked and my general experience.
Has anyone else had an analysis done? Or even a drastic change in your hair's properties? How did you deal with the changes?
2 comments:
I've been reading your blog for a while now, but this is the first time I've commented. So first off, thanks for a great curly hair blog!
Second, I'm thinking of getting my own hair profile done, but I'm interested in seeing if/how the results help someone. I know it's still early since you got your results, but would you recommend it? My hair has been a sad, limp mess lately with little curl, so maybe an accurate profile would point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Thanks for posting! It's nice to know someone reads :)
When she first came out with it, I thought it was a waste of money just because I already knew what my texture/porosity was and had a good routine of HGs. Then everything changed and I was ending up with the same limp, barely curling hair too.
I'm glad that I got it because it gave me some confirmation that my hair had changed and there was a reason those same products weren't working. I knew it was trending towards the fine side, but had no idea my porosity wasn't super high anymore. So in that sense it was good to have. I also like that it explains why my hair is like that and how my hair would respond to each type of ingredient (like protein - a PT is ok every once in a while, occasionally in conditioners, and ok in gels). It's definitely more detailed than the e-book (if you have that) because it's specific to you. And when I say specific, I mean it. They talk about how medium hair would respond to something and then add in how someone with tendencies to fine hair would also respond, while incorporating the normal porosity.
As for the product suggestions, I'm not sure yet. The only one I've tried so far from my list is LOOB and it wasn't pretty. But I've only tried it once and was already testing my new batch of FSG, which has been hit-and-miss this week. So it's way too soon to tell. I'm planning to pick up some of the recommended products soon and will definitely be doing a full review of each product and the entire analysis.
All that to say that overall I don't have any complaints. I'm not overly ecstatic like some of the curlies on NC, but I also haven't gotten much of a chance to do anything with it yet. I'd recommend it if you don't know your properties or want some confirmation, since knowing for sure really helps when it comes time to pick up products and what techniques to try.
Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose! I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions and how it works out if you decide to go ahead with it!
Post a Comment