I just wanted to post a quick update on my routine. I'm still waiting for my LCLF hair analysis results, but have already changed my routine a bit from what's listed under the "My Routine" page.
My HG co-wash for the past few years has been V05 Moisture Balancing Sun-Ripened Raspberry conditioner. That's changed. Even though it's a light conditioner, it's all moisture and no protein. For the past month I've been using the V05 Moisture Milks Strawberry and Cream conditioner for its protein, but again, it's not working for me. I've finally switched to the V05 Silky Experiences Champagne Kiss and I think I found a good fit. I used it a few years ago because I loved the smell, but the protein at the time was too much. Now it's fine, and I still LOVE the smell!
It smells so good (and the protein doesn't hurt either)!
For the past few washes, I've also been using this as my rinse-out. I think GVP CB may be too heavy for me, although I haven't stopped using it for my Spritz & Condition.
In addition to changing my co-wash, I'm not really following my HG routine. With higher dew points and a need for less moisture, I've ditched my beloved Pink Boots curl creme. I was using KCCC but have recently been rotating a few other styling products I've been testing. I've had mostly good luck with CK - hair looks AWESOME at first, but tends to lose curl as the day goes on - and am currently testing a new batch of homemade FSG with agave nectar, seamollient, and added protein. It's been about half an hour but I have a lot of shrinkage right now.
That's it for now - will update soon (and hopefully with my LCLF results!).

1 comment:
Ohhhhhh my goodness I just bought this conditioner! It smells AMAZING. The Calming Chamomile is pretty good to, IMO. But only as a cowash.
Post a Comment